Updated: May 26, 2020
I don't go too too much into my personal life here on the blog. But yesterday was my 39th birthday.
Yes, that's right. It's the last year of my 30s. (Which is so weird, because I don't look a day over 21...kidding!)
Anyway, one of my friends growing up celebrated his 39th birthday last week. He created a "40 Before 40" list. I thought this was a great idea, so I've created one of my own!
Angela's 40 Before 40 List
1. Lose 40 pounds 2. Walk/run/bike 80 miles each month 3. Read 40 books
I recently joined a personal/professional development book club, so this will help me stay on track. Our first book is "Dare to Lead" by Brene Brown.
4. Write at least 1 blog post/week 5. Help Cameron (aka my mini me design assistant) earn his hiking badge
He has to plan and complete a 5 mile, 10 mile, 15 mile AND 20 mile hike! I'm sure this will help me accomplish Item #1 on my list! 6. Present at 4 workshops
7. Visit 4 states outside New England
8. Run in 4 races longer than a 5K
9. Visit 40 antiques/vintage/home decor small businesses
10. Hike, bike, or run 40 trails
11. Redesign 40 rooms
12. Master 4 vegan baked good recipes that are bake sale worthy
13. Find the best vegan cheese blend for pizza
14. Create a killer vegan nacho cheese
I became a vegan back in January. Items 12-14 have been a bit of a challenge. I've attempted baking items based off of regular recipes and swapping items out for vegan substitutes. The taste is there, but my bakes usually end up being really dense instead of light and fluffy.
Cheese has been hard to nail down as well. My son LOVES pizza, so that's a must in our house. And I LOVE nachos, so that's also a regular in our house. Fingers crossed for this one!
15. Attend 4 large-scale flea market events
16. Create tablescapes for 4 seasons or 4 holidays
17. Improve my PhotoShop skills
18. Develop 4 tutorials/month
19. Watch all the Brat Pack films
20. Buy my first sofa not from IKEA or Bob’s Discount Furniture
21. Refinish 4 furniture pieces/month
22. Complete the Spartan at Fenway Park
23. Do a ropes obstacle course
24. Do a zipline
25. Go kayaking
26. Help build a house with Habitat for Humanity
27. Become a regular at a restaurant/coffee shop where they know my “usual” when I walk in
I used to love watching "Cheers" growing up. I've always thought it was so cool when Norm walked in the bar and everyone shouted "Norm!"
I'm not much of an alcohol drinker, but I do love coffee and things you eat when drinking coffee.
28. Visit 4 Frank Lloyd Wright houses
29. Visit 4 art museums
30. Go to Mood Fabrics
I've been a fan of Project Runway since it first aired in 2004. I've drooled while watching the contestants running through aisles upon aisles of beautiful fabric every episode. Plus, for those who have never watched the show, Mood has an adorable Boston Terrier mascot named Swatch!
31. Get a real family photo
32. Go glamping
33. Have a full spa day
34. Take an RV trip
35. Take a dance class
This is not just any dance class. I'm talking a dance class where I can learn Boy Band choreography.
36. Throw an amazing 80s joint birthday party
My husband will be turning 40 at the end of March, so we're planning for a joint 40th birthday for sometime in April. We're talking a full 80s theme, complete with everyone in 80s clothes and hairstyles!
37. Start a record collection
38. Create a solid capsule wardrobe
39. Help Cameron earn his first 4 merit badges
40. Embrace turning 40
There you have it! Have you thought of a bucket list of things to do before your next milestone birthday? If so, I'd love to hear about it!
Until next time...
Happy Designing and Crushing Life No Matter Your Age!
- Angela :)